Search This Blog

Tropical Waffles

My son was just here for a visit. :-)  
He LOVES waffles (and bananas) so I created this super yummy recipe for him.  
it was really great!  Kind of like Bananas Foster ;-)

Here's the recipe:

Tropical Waffles

Toast about 1/4 cup coconut on parchment paper on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes, set aside.

Make waffles according to the Bisquick box directions.
Add 4 drops coconut extract
Bake according to your waffle makers directions.

In a saucepan, caramelize:

3 slices chopped fresh pineapple
2  bananas, sliced
1 tablespoon butter 
1/4 cup brown sugar

When it has cooked down, pour the mixture over baked waffles, top with toasted coconut.
ENJOY!!

You could ad maple or coconut syrup.  I did not.

 I think it would taste amazing topped with whipped cream prior to sprinkling with toasted coconut, with or without a drop or two of coconut extract.

If you try this recipe, I'd be curious to find out what you think of it :-)

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a delightful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment