Search This Blog

Scrumptious Tuna Casserole

My sisters and I didn't know we grew up poor until we got older. When my mom served Tuna Noodle Casserole we felt very well-to-do. I revised her simpler version recently and it was quite a hit. Everyone had seconds!
Here's my recipe: 1 Package of thick long noodles Boil according to package directions and place in large bowl with these premixed items: 2 Cans Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup

1/2 Can Milk
2 Large Cans White Chunk Tuna, packed in water (I like Bumble Bee brand).
(You may have to crush some pieces with a fork.)
8 Ounces Sour Cream
1/2 of a chopped onion (not sauteed). Once mixed together, pour into an oil-sprayed 13 by 9 inch casserole dish. Cover with crushed potato chips, shredded pepper jack and cheddar cheese to cover. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 to 40 minutes, until it starts bubbling and cheese is melted. This is one of my favorite home-cooked casseroles. It's absolutely delightful!









No comments:

Post a Comment