Search This Blog

Easy To Make Melted Snowman Cookies


Are you ready to make a really fun Christmas cookie? 


These cookies are sure to bring a smile to the faces of those you serve them too.


 This is what mine looked like just after being frosted and decorated. :-)



I placed them on individual plates and sprinkled some cake glitter over them and the plate 
to emphasize the snowy effect.
 
Below is the recipe I used.  I am also going to share with you what NOT to do! 

I used Betty Crocker's Sugar Cookie Mix in the pouch. Yep!  They weren't from scratch, but, they tasted good, and most importantly, they worked! 

  • Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
  • Follow the directions on the back of the package.
  • Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper,
  • Form the base of the cookie into the shape of a golf ball. 
  • Place the cookie balls on the paper and press them down without trying to have perfectly rounded edges. (Remember, it's supposed to look like it is melted.) 
  • Next, form the rest of the dough into balls about the size of large grapes.
  • Leave them in that shape, don't press them down.
  • Bake the cookies for about 8-10 minutes until edges start to turn golden brown.
  • Check  for to see if they have thoroughly cooked.
  • Remove the cookies on the parchment paper to a counter top service and let cool, .
  • When the cookies are cool, mix together one bag of powdered (Confectioners) sugar with about 1/3 cup of milk.  Mix together with a mixer.  Add milk if it is not thin enough.  You want a consistency that you can drip over the cookies.
  • Frost the bottom cookie by spooning frosting over the cookie to cover it.  Let it drip over the edge.  It adds to the melted effect.
  • Add the baked smaller balls which have flattened somewhat to the top of the cookie and off to  one edge.  Cover it with frosting too. 
  • Decorate as you wish.  I used small gold candy balls placed fairly close together for the eyes,  two M & M's for buttons for buttons, a purchased holly candy embellishment and the first time, the orange part of a   piece of candy corn, trimmed.  It looked great, however,  because I had to make them two days in advance, they melted and spread into the cookie.  I had to completely dig out that piece of candy and the frosting, and re-frost it with a firmer frosting I had on hand for cupcakes I made.  Then I cut orange M & M's in half and laid then   on the top, right before serving.  I think the candy corn noses looked better.  I would use them again next time, but I wouldn't put them on until just before serving.
  • Sprinkle the cookie and the plate with cake glitter.

Have fun!  I know the people you serve these  to will be delighted. 
XOXOX, Debbie
 



2 comments:

  1. A great cookie sure to delight young and old alike. Given with clear directions and oh what fun it is to bake to bring joy to those we love. Thanks Debbie you are a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee



















      Dee, thank you! I have so much fun sharing these ideas. I love to hear about yours too. Warm hugs, Deb



      Delete